Join our dynamic team and help showcase Southwest Michigan to others! We are looking for a Community Immersion Specialist who is excited to engage with a broad range of individuals and families who are relocating to our community.
First Choice at Cornerstone Alliance is seeking a dynamic, outgoing, customer- service driven, thought leader to serve two critical roles within the organization. This position will be a split duty role, with half of the time devoted to effectively serving individuals/Spouses/Families who are relocating to SWMI, and half of the time devoted to providing overall support to the Vice President of External Affairs.
Program Planning, Development and Implementation:
- Develop program plans to assist individuals in their acclimation to a new location
- Work with partner programs and services to assist relocating individuals in forming connections and building a sense of belonging in SWMI
- Implement an effective strategy to best assist spouses/partners with developing a professional network in the local job market
- Provide guidance and advice in navigating the local job market, including networking opportunities and introductions to local employers and HR professionals
- Develop a process for prescreening and filtering spouses/partners seeking employment, in order to align them with meaningful, enriching employment
- Create relationships with key area hiring managers, staffing agencies, and business leaders
- Gain industry knowledge from Michigan and US talent recruitment initiatives, then implement process improvements to the First Choice/Cornerstone Alliance process
- Collaborate with First Choice ambassadors in order to fill a pipeline of spouses/partners seeking employment and/or individuals/families newly relocated to SWMI
- Work with Cornerstone Alliance marketing staff to develop and maintain marketing plan and timeline to ensure strong program participation and reaching target markets
- Coordinate and write marketing materials (online and paper)
- Effectively communicate mission and goals of the program in community meetings/presentations
- Build community partnerships – especially with private industry
- Play an active role in the development and management of the program administrative and budget needs, along with the Director of First Choice and the Vice President of External Affairs
- Provide direct support services to the Vice President of External Affairs as needed
- Support Investor Relations, External Communications, Marketing, and First Choice activities
- Assist with special program and activity coordination such as investor presentations, visitations, document preparation, and liaison with public, private and community-based organizations
- Maintain the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to track key information on investors. Ensure that the information is accurate and input in a timely manner
- Managed pledged accounts and ensure invoicing is done appropriately; and ensure the annual tax letters are mailed to investors in a timely manner
- Research, analyze and monitor technological, demographic, and financial factors to capitalize on market opportunities and adjust strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Organize various events and trade show material designed to strengthen partnerships and create awareness of organization. Event planning includes: booking venues, marketing, securing speakers, inviting attendees, ordering food, arranging activities, working with vendors, etc.
- Assist in the development and maintain prospect list(s) and activities related to list(s)
- Aid in the production of First Choice communications and marketing material
- Professionally represent the organization at both internal and external events
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business, Marketing, Public Administration, or related field, preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to strategize, plan, implement/execute, and follow-up on all projects
- An interdisciplinary approach to working with multiple organizations, companies, community leaders, and stakeholders to create ownership of projects and shared successes
- Highly developed (and demonstrated) written, proofreading, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrates ability to produce innovative ideas, high-quality work under tight deadlines, and communicates complex information to diverse audiences
- Solid judgement with high standards of accuracy, responsiveness, integrity, and discretion
- Exceptionally detail-oriented with strong project, organization, and time-management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team/individual environment with minimal supervision and demonstrate good initiative.
Salary and Benefits
- Starting salary is $45,000
- Cornerstone Alliance provides a competitive benefits package including health and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits
This role description is intended to describe the normal level of work required by the person performing the work. Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to change. Any written contractual agreements supersede this document. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Cornerstone Alliance is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.